Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 to 15 months
Location: 400 W. Summit Hill Dr., Knoxville TN
TVA Organization: Corporate Accounting
Pay: $18 to $22 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@zsogorbodnl
- Fully performs both standard and non-standard transactions in support of management support services job family.
- Selects, applies, and explains procedures and practices to identify and resolve discrepancies, research information sources, and document and coordinate results.
- Multi-functional support may include business planning, budget/accounting, facilities and equipment coordination, payroll operations, records management, procurement/materials management, events planning, legal/contractual services, workers, compensation claims, and general office management.
- Typical duties may include the performance of a variety of day-to-day transactions independently within assigned functional area(s): ensuring proper classification, storage, retention, and disposal of organizational records.
- Serving as organizational representative/contact for office and personal communication equipment (copiers, fax machines, pagers, and cellular phones, telecommunications equipment, etc.).
- Ensuring/coordinating entry of required data/schedules into various information and business reporting systems.
- Formatting and retrieving standard and non-standard reports from various business systems. Identifies and resolves discrepancies found in data used to make business decisions.
- Performing procurement and materials management functions as required by organization including following contractual agreements, requisitioning and receiving goods and services.
- Serving as the coordination point for activities supporting the full range of work in assigned functional areas.
- Providing orientation or training in assigned functional areas.
- May coordinate assigned work activities for the first two levels of work.
Education and Experience
- Degree, certification or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated competence at the administrative representative level.
- Established experience in pc software applications.
- General experience in plant/organization business systems, standards, and processes.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.