Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Up to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Information Technology (IT)
Pay: Approximately $23.00 to $29.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@rehtulct
— The position’s primary responsibilities would be to support multiple large projects including coordination of meetings and logistics, and provide support to IT project organization as time is available.
— Provide administrative, scheduling and logistics support for IT projects during initiation, study, design, implementation and closure; change control board, project approval board, project review board, community of practice and manage selected managers’ calendars.
- Has, maintains, and applies broad contemporary knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and resources associated with management services functions.
- Administrative elements may include: planning, research and analysis, interpretation of practices and procedures; and serving as liaison for coordination of management services functions.
- May serve as technical or project lead for assigned areas. Identifies improvement opportunities for changing procedures and technology and recommends/coordinates changes.
- Typical duties may include: provides multi-functional expertise in area(s) of budget/cost accounting, business planning/performance reporting, and a variety of administrative activities including facilities and equipment management; information management, work management, procurement/materials management, events planning, and legal/contractual services.
- Executes & implements improvements in processes associated with assigned functional area that support management including, but not limited to, planning/research/analysis/reporting, and specialized administrative activities.
- Organizes, plans, and devises work methods to initiate, implement, and complete projects; interpreting procedures, and making or recommending actions to management.
- Accesses data from various sources of information including financial, operating, and administrative systems.
- Analyzes data, converts information for decision makers, and provides a full range of options with probabilities to decision makers. May coordinate organization/site facility and equipment inventories, service agreements, and coordination of procurement needs. May coordinate and oversee assigned work activities of the first three job standard levels.
- Demonstrated competence at the administrative professional level.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, researching, and evaluating business needs for assigned functional areas. Demonstrated competence in providing customer service.
- Experience in plant/organization systems, standards, and processes.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.