Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: To be decided – no sooner than May 18
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Location: This job will begin as a telework position (work from home).
Eventually the job will transition to an office position at the Chattanooga Power Service Center.
TVA Organization: Central Labs & Services
Pay: $22 to $36 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@rensacdt
- Supporting business in contract extensions, purchase requisition creation, and various administrative duties to fulfill increased business requirements.
- Fully performs both standard and non-standard transactions in support of management support services job family. Selects, applies, and explains procedures and practices to identify and resolve discrepancies, research information sources, and document and coordinate results.
- Multi-functional support may include business planning, budget/accounting, facilities and equipment coordination, payroll operations, records management, procurement/materials management, events planning, and general office management.
- Typical duties may include the performance of a variety of day-to-day transactions independently within assigned functional area(s): ensuring proper classification, storage, retention, and disposal of organizational records.
- Ensuring/coordinating entry of required data/schedules into various information and business reporting systems.
- Formatting and retrieving standard and non-standard reports from various business systems. Identifies and resolves discrepancies found in data used to make business decisions.
- Performing procurement and materials management functions as required by organization including following contractual agreements, requisitioning and receiving goods and services.
- Serving as the coordination point for activities supporting the full range of work in assigned functional areas.
- Providing orientation or training in assigned functional areas.
- Demonstrated competence at the administrative representative level.
- General experience in plant/organization business systems, standards, and processes.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in business administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Prior Maximo experience required.
- Experience in Purchase Requisition preferred.
- eWorkplace experience preferred.
- Copperleaf experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) experience preferred.
- Ability to plan/organize/carry out work priorities
- Ability to use advanced software applications
- Ability to present and communicate orally and written
- Ability to access/retrieve/format data using various business systems
- Knowledge of standard terms and conditions used in contracts/agreements
- Knowledge of invoicing and reporting requirements related to contracts/agreements
- Knowledge of various contracts and contract administration policies and procedures
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.