Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approximately 12 months, with potential for extension
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Organization: Transmission Engineering & Construction
Number of Positions: 1 full time or 2 part-time positions
Rate of Pay: Approx. $17 to $22 per hour, depending on experience
To Apply: Email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@htimsenms
Duties / Job Tasks
Material List Processor (Substation):
- Source material through MLP/Material List Processor (Direct Charge/Inventory)
- Re-visit the Bill of Material (BOM) to make sure items cross over to Maximo and create work orders.
- As each Bill of Material is revised, make the necessary changes to the Maximo work order so material/quantities match.
- Interact with Engineering (In-house and contract) as it pertains to Material List Processor bills.
- Make procurement notes on the bill where necessary.
- Complete bills once confirmed Maximo work orders were created for material.
- Review charge account information associated with Capital Project work orders to make sure engineering has selected the correct project ID/# and task for the Bill of Material. Make changes if necessary.
CAPITAL Work Order Status:
- Run P (Physical and Protection & Control) activity and 80 milestone activity shortage reports for Substation material. Inform Project Control Specialists and Project Managers of schedule dates that will need to change based upon outstanding material. Take completion on schedule activities when material has been received.
- Status additional project work orders as requested.
- Review Capital Project Schedules for material milestone dates
- ONGOING: Respond to emails and phone calls from Project Team and Construction regarding material.
(P) ACTIVITY PER SCHEDULE:
P1-Short Lead Material
P2-Long Lead Material
P4-Protection & Control Material
(80) ACTIVITY PER SCHEDULE:
ALL MATERIAL AVAILABLE FOR PROJECT
- Request for material. Add material to existing Maximo work orders so that material can be ordered or issued.
- Create Maximo work orders for Capital Projects.
- Send requests to Muscle Shoals Warehouse for material that needs to be issued out for construction, as requested.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.