Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: April 22, 2019
Duration: Approx. 3 to 6 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Environmental & Compliance
Pay: $18 to $22 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: vog.avtnull@relwofsb
The primary purpose of this position is to index and process a backlog of environmental records. Experience with ECM (Enterprise Content Management) is a plus.
- Fully performs both standard and non-standard transactions in support of management support services job family.
- Selects, applies, and explains procedures and practices to identify and resolve discrepancies, research information sources, and document and coordinate results.
- Multi-functional support may include business planning, budget/accounting, facilities and equipment coordination, payroll operations, records management, procurement/materials management, events planning, legal/contractual services, workers compensation claims, and general office management.
- Typical duties may include the performance of a variety of day-to-day transactions independently within assigned functional area(s): ensuring proper classification, storage, retention, and disposal of organizational records.
- Serving as organizational representative/contact for office and personal communication equipment (copiers, fax machines, pagers, and cellular phones, telecommunications equipment, etc.).
- Ensuring/coordinating entry of required data/schedules into various information and business reporting systems.
- Formatting and retrieving standard and non-standard reports from various business systems.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies found in data used to make business decisions. Performing procurement and materials management functions as required by organization including following contractual agreements, requisitioning and receiving goods and services.
- Serving as the coordination point for activities supporting the full range of work in assigned functional areas.
- Providing orientation or training in assigned functional areas.
- May coordinate assigned work activities for the first two levels of work.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated competence at the administrative representative level.
- Established experience in pc software applications.
- General experience in plant/organization business systems, standards, and processes.
- Degree, certification or equivalent experience
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.