Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Up to 12 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Information Technology
Pay: $44 to $55 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@1letapjs
Business Analyst needed for implementation of IT “Service Now” project.
- Oversees the identification of business critical internal and external information and knowledge, its usage, availability and the needs of the various constituencies that may require such information or knowledge.
- Involved in modeling information sources, flows, critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge in how it supports or enables key business processes.
- The analyst is able, through interviews, joint application design sessions, data mining, and general insights, to understand and document related business processes.
- The analyst will also recognize areas for improvement in business processes and to develop systems requirement documents that can be easily translated into a systems specification by a system or programmer analyst.
- The analyst performs the following activities: business process flow – documentation and re-engineering information and data flow – documentation, ensures business system integration, minimizing data and process duplication with other business processes, develops conceptual data and process designs and data flows, creates working prototypes to aid in requirements gathering and verification, completes business systems requirements studies, including documentation (system prospectus), determines and evaluates system alternatives to meet business needs, conducts cost/benefit studies for system development or implementation projects.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in computer science, business administration or related field or equivalent education, training & experience is required.
- Experience in data analysis process and techniques.
- Demonstrated competence in requirements analysis, functional and detailed design.
- Experience in designing and delivering effective oral and written presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.