Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2021
Duration: Up to 9 months
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Information Technology
Pay: $45 to $57 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday – see more details below
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@kooch
- Oversees the identification of business critical internal and external information and knowledge, its usage, availability and the needs of the various constituencies that may require such information or knowledge.
- Involved in modeling information sources, flows, critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge in how it supports or enables key business processes.
- The analyst is able, through interviews, joint application design sessions, data mining, and general insights, to understand and document related business processes.
- The analyst will also recognize areas for improvement in business processes and to develop systems requirement documents that can be easily translated into a systems specification by a system or programmer analyst.
- The analyst performs the following activities: business process flow – documentation and re-engineering information and data flow – documentation, ensures business system integration, minimizing data and process duplication with other business processes, develops conceptual data and process designs and data flows, creates working prototypes to aid in requirements gathering and verification, completes business systems requirements studies, including documentation (system prospectus), determines and evaluates system alternatives to meet business needs, conducts cost/benefit studies for system development or implementation projects.
Additional Job Duties
1. Acts as one of the primary contacts with the project team and all affected business units. Specifically acts as a primary contact from the project team to business SME’s.
2. Identifies the gaps between the current state of business processes and the expected future state of business processes after implementation of the VICC solution
3. Facilitates the planning of the change management process that will be needed to bridge the identified gaps between current and future business processes.
4. Collaborates through functional requirements gathering workshops and other working sessions to validate existing functional requirements and tabulate additional requirements, as necessary, after identification of gaps
5. Analyzes and documents functional requirements (features and user stories) with direction from Functional Leads (Product Owner)
6. Prioritizes and articulates functional requirements
7. Creates and maintains the Functional Requirements Traceability Matrix (F-RTM)
8. Collaborates with Technical Lead (Solution Architect) to help translate business requirements into technical requirements
9. Performs “fit gap” analysis of pre-RFP requirements gathered
10. Supports release of RFP to vendors
11. Supports vendor proposal evaluation, down select, demonstrations, and final selection activities
12. Supports design phase approvals (Challenge, R3, CCB, PAB, PRB)
13. Supports all design related activities (i.e. design workshops, future state process maps, build/implement strategies, etc.)
14. Researches with businesses and create current state business process maps (to support creation of future state process maps during design)
15. Supports all build/implement activities (i.e. sprint planning, testing)
16. Operates as, or in support of, the project test lead (test case creation and management, leading technical testing, leading user testing, leading bug/break fix remediation, etc.)
17. Supports Organizational Change Management activities, but not expected to be responsible for any material
18. Maintains knowledge of market available VICC solutions and their industry standard (out-of-the-box) functionality to provide recommendations to the businesses
19. Maintains knowledge of industry standard practices around VICC processes for front, middle, and back office
20. Obtains knowledge around any commodities required by TVA in order to support the requirements of this role
Please be aware:
• TVA is currently in required remote status until June 1, 2021.
• Post-COVID, this role will be expected to be onsite at the Chattanooga Office Complex, with hours/days to be determined.
• Core work hours are typically Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm EST.
• Time off is to be requested in advance, must not adversely affect the project, must not exceed 1 week per instance, and must not exceed 2 weeks per year.
• The standard 10 TVA holiday days will not be available work days and do not count towards the aforementioned 2 weeks.
• Any remote or off-site work must be coordinated & pre-approved by Project Leadership.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in computer science, business administration or related field or equivalent education, training & experience is required.
- Experience in data analysis process and techniques.
- Demonstrated competence in requirements analysis, functional and detailed design.
- Experience in designing and delivering effective oral and written presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.