Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 to 12 months
Location: Knoxville, TN
TVA Organization: Corporate Accounting
Pay: $20.00 to $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0eeljj
- Understands financial systems (Oracle and PowerPlan), accounts receivable, invoicing, contract interpretation, revenue reporting, electric power fundamentals, electric utility rate application, and basic utility accounting practices. Develops knowledge of system integration and performs assignments independently under general supervision in defined area, as well as other areas in FS to continue professional growth and diversity.
- Maintains, monitors, evaluates, documents, and assesses TVA’s control environment for non-power revenue billing and related activities. Ensures responsible areas are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for internal controls.
- Provides key input into the development of control methodology, applies controls and analyzes results of the accounting, revenue and financial reporting cycles.
- Seeks support from manager, as well as exercises limited autonomy, in consulting with accounting and financial management, and exercises professional judgment related to interpretation and application of accounting guidance related to non-power revenue billing and associated activities.
- Analyzes financial instruments, contracts, operational results and business transactions for accounting implications such as rate application and revenue recognition.
- Provides input into the development of control methodology; applies controls and analyzes results of the accounting and financial reporting cycles.
- Supports the implementation of Corporate Accounting’s, and other TVA organizations’ financial improvement initiatives. Assesses automated and manual systems and processes to find and develop improvements. Works with other departments in TVA to develop and implement system and process improvements. Performs special projects and participates on teams as needed.
Education and Experience
— A Bachelor’s degree with study in accounting or a closely related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience in revenue and receivables. A master’s degree is desirable.
— Internships and experience in financial management, business systems and controls is preferred.
— Continued professional development culminating in the attainment of related professional accounting certifications is desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of general business, financial systems and controls, computer skills, and financial analysis techniques.
- Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, and data analysis.
- Requires good communication skills, indicating an ability and desire to perform at a higher level.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.