Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 4 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga, but can work remotely after initial training
Organization: Generation Services Engineering and Technical Programs
Rate of pay: Approx. $35 to $50 per hour, depending on experience
To Apply: Email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@kavonj
Position Overview and Skills Needed
Contractor needed to assist with updating equipment scores for breakers, switchgear, low and medium voltage. This will be done for all gas, hydro and coal sites.
Individual performing the work should be familiar with the FAO website, have good computer skills and be available for the remainder of the fiscal year.
Background in electrical engineering is preferred. Other knowledge and skills needed:
- Strong understanding of FAO webpage and its navigation
- Strong understanding of Work, Excel, Power point, Access, Microdot Office
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must interface with plant engineering
- Ability to navigate Maximo
- Base understanding of Low Voltage Switchgear
- Base understanding of Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Base understanding of Molded Case Circuit Breakers
- Strong understanding of BSL
- Base understanding of ETAP
- Base understanding of One line / Single Line Diagrams
- Base understanding of Three line Diagrams
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.