Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: Aug. 27, 2018 or as soon as possible
Duration: 12 months, may be extended
Location: Chattanooga Office Complex
TVA Organization: Human Resources
Pay: $18.00 to $23.00 per hour, depending on experience
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@0ttennebmj
• Helps ensure compliance with the administration of bargaining agreements, MOUs, SPP’s, or other HR related policies and procedures. Ensures RPII is handled appropriately.
• Analyzes, validates and performs HR transactions and other HR related operations for employees and contractors as it pertains to the PLUS system as well as other applicable interface systems. Rejects items submitted for processing when requests do not comply with regulations, guidelines, or policy.
• Takes ownership, concurs and provides information required for quarterly SOX audits as it relates to HR-related system processing.
• Evaluates trends and analyzes data input within the system for efficiency, process improvement, and accuracy within the PLUS system.
• Directs the Contractor Quarterly Review and maintains data. Analyzes data derived from review for benchmarking. Assists various TVA managers and delegates with questions and issues that arise.
• Participates in the Agile process for computer system enhancements and defects. Writes test scripts and conducts system testing for coding changes including system enhancements and defects.
• Updates PLUS system documentation including design documents, processes and coordination of other end-user communication.
• Provide communications, processes and/or design guidelines, and other supporting tools as applicable to the HR customer base as well as internal and external hires.
• Identifies trends, gaps, and process improvement opportunities. Leads and/or participates in special projects to improve CHRO business processes and systems.
• Contributes to the training of system users as needed on the implementation of new procedures, policies, or system changes.
• Accountable for implementation of the Onboarding process including: New Employee Experience, employment information, forms, benefits, retirement, communications to candidates, managers, and line HR as it relates to employment matters, responsible for reporting logistics, coordination of medical and drug/alcohol testing and other special clearances as applicable.
• Complies with Department of Homeland Security guidelines to ensure all new hires meet US eligibility requirements.
• Serves as primary safeguard for managing content in ECM HR related folders.
• Generates employee’s Personnel History Record for internal and external requests, including the OPM, OGC, and various Federal Agencies. Ensures accurate information is gathered through various queries and databases used. Ensures compliance with TVA and Federal policies and procedures.
• Conducts verbal and written verifications of employment as requested by employees, retirees, and internal or external organizations. Consults with OGC as needed and act in accordance with the TVA Privacy Act.
• Represents TVA to internal and external stakeholders by answering TVA Connect phone lines and responding to requests.
Education and Experience
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent training, education, and experience
Experience – One to three years of business experience or equivalent internship
Certification/License, etc. – PHR/SPHR recommended
In-depth knowledge of TVA programs and policies, strategies, organization structure and applicable labor agreements as they relate to the processing of HR-related transactions
Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to work well under pressure
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.