Temporary Contract Work at TVA
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Approx. 12 to 15 months
Location: 400 W. Summit Hill Dr., Knoxville, TN
TVA Organization: Corporate Accounting
Pay: Approx. $14.00 to $18.00 per hour, depending on experience
Number of positions: 1 – may be full time or part time
Work Schedule: 8:00 to 4:45, Monday through Friday
To apply, email your resume to: gro.IVByMnull@ZSOGORBODNL
The primary purpose of the position is to perform basic and recurring activities to support accounting and financing functions. Routine support activities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day coordination, organizing, reviewing, distributing of files and/or records, and standard reporting according to procedures.
- Performing standard office tasks and recurring transactions in an assigned accounting area according to established procedures and applicable regulations; e.g. processing invoices.
- Inputs data and generates standard accounting reports.
- Answering routine questions and resolving problems.
- Filing and maintaining documents and accounting records as required.
- Answering telephones, routing calls, greeting visitors, and performing miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Providing backup to other office personnel.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities.
Education and Experience
High school degree and some accounting experience preferred.
You must be a TVA retiree or former employee to perform contract work through BVI.
In addition, you must be in compliance with TVA’s Contractor Return Restrictions.